The Rhode Island Men’s Senior Baseball League season waited, like most recreational sports here in RI, for the OK to play sports this summer. Players, like their sons or daughters, stayed as active as they could until the all important notice came through that Phase III of the ReOpeningRI plan was to take effect in July. League play started for the RIMSBL Boys of Summer around the 2nd week of July for the 30, 40, and 50 year old divisions. And it continues into September and early October for these baseball players, who may not run or throw or hit as well as their sons or daughters do. But their competitive spirit and love of baseball has never wavered and continues to propel them two to three times a week to lace up those cleats, don the baseball jerseys, and attempt to fit into those stretchy baseball pants.
Here is a snapshot of the current standings for each division, taken from the official website of the Rhode Island Men’s Senior Baseball League – www.leageez.com/league/RIMSBL.
Plenty of games left on the 2020 schedule as we transition from summer to fall weather. Here are some upcoming games and locations:
- Thursday, 09/17 : 30 Division – Mariners vs. Sharks, McCarthy Field – 7pm
- Friday, 09/18: 30 Division – Warriors vs. Cubs, Cranston Stadium – 7:30pm
- Friday, 09/18: 40 Division – Salty Dogs vs Dodgers, Pierce Field – 6:30pm
- Saturday 09/19: 40 Division – Black Sox vs Colt 45s, Cranston West – 2:15pm
- Saturday 09/19: 50 Division – Knights vs Seadogs, Pierce Field – 9:00am
- Saturday 09/19: 50 Division – Salty Dogs vs Warriors, Pierce Field – 12:00pm
You can find the full schedule of games remaining by clicking this link – RIMSBL Schedule. I am looking forward to catching a few games this weekend in my trip around RI baseball fields. Good luck to all the players, coaches, and families participating in the Rhode Island Men’s Senior Baseball League!
Categories: Baseball Parks, Fields, and Complexes