University of Rhode Island Baseball will host a “Rhody Prospect Camp” this upcoming January 30th. It is the first camp of 2022 and will be held indoors (The Hitting Barn) on the campus of URI in Kingston. According to the camp’s registration page, “The Rhody Prospect Camp is specifically geared for high school baseball players who have an interest in playing baseball at the University of Rhode Island. A number of our former and current players have made a name for themselves by way of our Prospect Camps. The camp will consist of a pro-style workout (60-Yard Dash, fielding and throwing from position, and batting practice, pitcher bullpens) as well as position-specific skill instruction. Here are some of the camp details:
- 1 day of professional evaluation
- Pro-Style workout (60-Yard Dash, fielding and throwing from your position, and batting practice, pitcher bullpens) as well as position-specific skill instruction.)
- View URI athletic facilities and tour of campus
- Opportunity to meet and learn from the URI coaching staff
- Additional exposure to College Baseball Coaches in the area attending camp
In terms of equipment, the camp’s website page posts: “Players are expected to bring a glove, baseball pants, sneakers, cleats, a bat, and a helmet if they have one, catchers gear for catchers.” Other information such as check-in times, registration fees, waivers, and facility information can be found at this link – Rhody Prospect Camp. And for more information on this and upcoming Rhody Baseball Camps, follow them on Instagram – Rhody Baseball Camps.