Typically, the New England Collegiate Baseball League (NECBL) releases their summer schedule of games right after the New Year. The NECBL has now expanded to 14 teams, which will be competing in 3 divisions this summer. Rhode Island has two teams that compete in the NECBL – The Ocean State Waves and the Newport Gulls. I keep an eye on their social media pages and their official website – www.necbl.com – for league updates, schedule of games, and roster updates for each team. Here is a list of Rhode Islanders who will be competing this summer in the NECBL (rosters subject to change):
- MT Morrissey – Portsmouth, RI; Bryant University – Bristol Blues
- Matt Woods – Warwick, RI; Bryant University – Marthas Vineyard Sharks
- Sean Sposato – Ashaway, RI; University of RI – Mystic Schooners
- Addison Kopack – Cumberland, RI; University of RI – Mystic Schooners
- Randy Reyes – Providence, RI; Central Connecticut State – North Adams SteepleCats
- Alex Ramirez – Warwick, RI; University of RI – Ocean State Waves
- Billy Butler – Foster, RI; University of RI – Ocean State Waves
- Andrew Sears – West Warwick, RI; Rhode Island College – Valley Blue Sox
- Tate Copeland – Middletown, RI; Quinnipiac College – Winnipesaukee Muskrats
For each player listed above, I highlighted the NECBL team they will be playing for. You can click on the highlighted link to learn more about that team’s rosters, schedule of games, home field, and the team’s history. As I stated previously, these NECBL rosters are subject to change, so if there are more RI players added to NECBL rosters this Spring, I will update you here and on my social media pages.
Opening Day for the 2022 New England Collegiate Baseball League season is Tuesday, June 7th. For a complete list of games, including games featuring players from Rhode Island, you can head over to www.necbl.com.